Salads Manufacturing Site, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 1DR
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
The Technical Team are a small, hardworking and friendly team. They are have an eye for detail, love to get involved in all aspects of the factory and strive for the best food quality and hygiene standards throughout the business. If you are equally as attentive, tenacious and have a high standard for details, then this is the team for you. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation who are pushing the boundaries of innovation in their sector.
Reporting into the Head of Technical, this role is responsible for the day to day management of the Food Safety & Quality Management System including traceability, document control, ownership of the internal audit programme and management of the customer complaints system.
The role includes deputising in the absence of the Head of Technical along with the QA Manager.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Administration of the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- To update documents, produce attribute guides and documented work instructions
- To ensure the internal audit programme covers the entire Food Safety & Quality Management System
- To complete and manage the non-conformance process, identifying trends as appropriate
- To maintain the micro log, identify trends and escalate out of specification results promptly.
- To maintain the customer complaints log, identify trends and escalate serious incidents promptly.
- To be responsible for the completion of technical KPI reports and dashboards
- To ensure the equipment used to monitor CCPs or assure quality and legality are useable and calibrated
- To maintain raw material supplier approval and keep records up to date
- As required, work with the NPD team to write customer and Troy brand specifications
- As required, complete risk assessments in a format that can be used to inform process and procedures – such as allergen risk assessments, vulnerability risk assessments
- Support an improved level of technical understanding across the site & promote a positive FS & Q culture
We are looking for someone with a Food or Science related degree who is fully conversant with 3rd party FSQM systems and customer codes of practice. You will have extensive experience in a technical function within a fast paced manufacturing environment and hold a HACCP Level 3 qualification. IT literacy is a must as is fluency in specification work and an understanding of client portals.
Personally, you will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, be organised, flexible in your approach to work and will be meticulous in your attention to detail.
It's a busy factory and a newly formed team so strive under pressure and able to build relationships at all levels of the business. If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you!
Hours of work
Monday to Friday, core hours are 08:00 - 17:00 but flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business
Days / shift details
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.